The Shadow Forum
Welcome to the Shadow Forum! Please log in, or register. Very Happy

Talk, RP, have fun

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Perfect School

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Macha
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 26272
Credits : 37014
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Wed 4 Jul - 21:16

That Jonah gave a near identical account was a surprise. He had ever chance, every reason to toss me aside further. And yet the differences and matches that I had doubts on set me further on edge. I gave whatever answer she needed in the extended questioning.

Being released wasn't much of an improvement to my mood. There was no verdict given to us beyond her displeasure. It left too many questions, too many uncertainties about the future. As it was I didn't look at Jonah after leaving the training room.

I went to the infirmary first, letting them treat and deal with my wounds. After the clean bill of health I returned to my rooms on one of the top floors. I took a long bath, letting it ease my body even more than the simple trip to the doctor's had.

Dressing nicely like I always did when staying in Marie's building I ordered my meal to be delivered on a public balcony I was known to frequent.

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 21213
Credits : 35086
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sat 7 Jul - 18:48

Jonah:

Instead of going to the infirmary like Kira did, I asked for a few supplies to be brought to my room so I could tend to my wounds myself. I had a nice purple scar on my abdomen that hadn’t been there the last time Maire’s doctors had examined me. I didn’t want to have to explain that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sat 7 Jul - 23:49

The food tasted like nothing. Not even the treat tasted good to me. Dutifully I ate every bite, and yet it was disappointing. After finishing it I sat at the table, looking out over the city, hands folded in my lap. I was the picture of what I was supposed to be.

But I wasn't content.

I felt the need to talk to someone, someone I was close too but no one seemed right. Zero didn't have the ability or attention to help me. Kyra would fight and rush into the middle of danger if I told her what happened. Telling Andrew was about as good as telling Kyra. Krissy was off the table as I couldn't trust her not to cause more problems. Michael would be a good choice, but I didn't want to have him get in trouble either. I couldn't trust Jonah at all anymore. I was left with no one.

But someone came to mind then, and I nearly laughed at the insanity of picking them. I left my dishes behind, trusting that someone else would deal with it while I returned to my room and grabbed up my phone. I hesitated only a moment before dialing, sitting slowly on the edge of the bed as a male voice answered.

"Kyle? I need someone to talk too."

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Mon 9 Jul - 20:58

Kyle:

“Kira? Are you safe?” I asked immediately. I would have asked about the twins too but I had talked to them just a couple hours ago and knew they weren’t with Kira. I would never have expected her to call me unless she was calling about one of my family members.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Mon 9 Jul - 21:02

"I....I think so." My voice got thick for a moment and I took a moment to make myself relax. To breath slowly until I felt steadier. "I'm in Marie's tower. We just got back from a job. Jonah and I."

I pressed the palm of my free hand to my forehead for a moment then sighed. "I didn't have anyone else I could trust with a call..."

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Wed 11 Jul - 19:36

Kyle:

I paused for a moment, thinking through what she had said. “So, you chose me?” I didn’t think Kira particularly liked me. We had very few moments when we were even alone together. But there must be reasons why she chose me over the rest of the family. “What’s going on?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Wed 11 Jul - 20:04

"Kyra came to mind first. But she'd have run here immediately. Wouldn't have cared what stood in her way or the danger. Andrew I might as well have been telling Kyra. I don't trust Krissy. Michael has enough to deal with and I'd rather respect his wishes of being hidden no matter if he'd be willing to get to me." I spouted off at his first question.

I neglected to add that out of everyone I'd named, he was last on the list of people I wanted to protect. "That left you. Since you seem least likely to do something stupid."

Picking at the edge of the sheets I sighed through my nose. "The mission was botched. I wanted it to go perfectly...after Krissy's mistake I wanted things to be perfect so she wouldn't suspect anything. And yet I failed."

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Wed 11 Jul - 20:20

Kyle:

I was grateful for her reasoning, but it did sadden me that she couldn’t talk to her parents about such things. “How did you fail?” I asked. I knew Kira could be hard on herself if she didn’t do things perfectly. “Tell me what happened.” I knew the she was Marie. I hoped my aunt wouldn’t be punishing Kira for anything. In that case she might be wrong about me doing something stupid for her sake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Wed 11 Jul - 20:30

Kira:

"We were tasked with extracting a high value target from an enemy city. Marie wanted information from his head. He did not make it to the boat." I gave the short version before giving the longer version. I held back just enough of main details to not be specific on where we had gone, but I also gave enough that I was sure with some digging he'd find out.

Laying back on the bed I pressed my free hand to my eyes. "I came close to dying."

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Yesterday at 20:48

Kyle:

Anger bubbled in my stomach.  Both Marie and Jonah were using her and she was paying the price.  “But you didn’t die, Kira.  It sounds like you did everything you were supposed to but you were set up to fail.  Jonah should have had your back.  That’s what a partner is for,” I said.  I would never have left Krissy or Lexi in a situation like that.  Doubtful I would have done it to even Will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Today at 16:28

I sighed, feeling a weight shift off my shoulders. Such simple words were everything I needed to hear, that this wasn't my fault. That I did what I was supposed to do. "I...needed to hear that...to feel less crazy..."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   

Back to top Go down

Perfect School
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8