The Shadow Forum
Welcome to the Shadow Forum! Please log in, or register. Very Happy

Talk, RP, have fun

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Perfect School

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Macha
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 26137
Credits : 36609
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Wed 11 Apr - 22:39

When he leaned away it was as if the spell was broken. My breathing had slowed and I had to take a breath to catch up. Leaning across the aisle I snagged my headphones and plugged them back into the laptop.

I wanted this mission to go well. If it did things would return to normalcy. I could spend some time with my family again, go away on a visit. Maybe convince them to go on a trip somewhere with me. I wanted to actually do something, rather than get together and try and learn about each other.

And on top of that, if Jonah followed through with his word I had a date in my future as well. He could plan just about anything. I couldn't begin to guess what it was going to be. I was sure to have a good time too. I knew I wasn't certain about things yet, but maybe for once I could act my age. Enjoy myself. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to kiss him again...

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 21103
Credits : 34704
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sat 14 Apr - 22:59

Jonah:

I moved back to a reclining chair and watched out of the window for a time. Eventually I took a light nap anticipating little restful sleep in the next few days. We landed on an Island and stayed in a hotel there overnight. In the morning we would take a boat to our final destination.

We used the time to come up with a more detailed plan and contingency plans. Kira and I usually worked well together on an assignment, but Marie had added tension on top of a difficult job. Still, we managed to sort things out without too many objections on her part. She knew she needed my help, and I knew I had to have her approval to get anything done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sun 15 Apr - 12:00

Kira:

It was different being in charge. Jonah played things like a chessboard, setting up his pieces and planning dozens of steps and contingencies to best utilize everything at his disposal. I wasn't like that. I couldn't plan so many steps ahead and didn't bother trying. I took the information and made plans accordingly, but I also trusted my gut instincts in arranging things. It caused no shortage of tension between the two of us but we managed to get things worked out.

I spent the first part of the night prepping my gear. It took far longer as I spent far too long packing far too much. I made myself stop after a couple hours. This wasn't like me. I wasn't worried about the job, but I was pushing myself too hard to see this done. I took several minutes to collect myself before spending the next few hours after unpacking everything and packing a better collection for the task ahead. With that finally accomplished I slept for the remaining half of the night, dozing in and out of light cat naps.

In the morning we exchanged information on what we had packed, adjusted a few items, then went down to the docks to our boat. Once onboard I gave it a once over, then stashed my gear and some spare clothes on the top bunk bed that was supposed to be for the crew. Our driver would sleep by the wheel, he'd already set up a little sleeping bag and nodded at us when we'd boarded. I could have grabbed the main cabin's bed. But after looking it over, it seemed better to tie up our captive there. We weren't going to be staying on the ship, but in a hotel on the island. But I was just trying to be prepared.

Before long we were underway, and by the time the sun was setting we were pulling into the docks. Our driver was going to remain on the ship to keep an eye on things and remain prepared to leave at any time. "This isn't going to be like Vegas I hope you know." I was leaning on the railing, looking up towards the city with my suitcases all ready to go for the hotel.

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sun 15 Apr - 12:25

Jonah:

“A trap designed to catch us off guard? I would hope not. That was a waste of time, and skill, and lives,” I said, eyes on the dock and the people on it. Marie may be powerful, but she had made some poor decisions. Contrary to Kira’s beliefs, I hadn’t enjoyed the Vegas trip. Even the parts just spent with her were spoiled because we had been faking it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sun 15 Apr - 12:32

Glancing at him out of the corner of my eyes I nodded. "Shame we wont be able to take in the sights at least." Focusing ahead I pushed off the railing, "I rather enjoyed that part of the Vegas trip."

Within minutes our boat was parked and the appropriate fees were paid to dock and stay. Our driver helped get our bags onto the dock and once Jonah joined me I linked my arm in his. "To our hotel then? Or did you want to do some exploring before it got dark?" I asked him in a tender voice. I fell into the role of a couple in love, hiding myself into the mask as I smiled up at him. We didn't need to appear like newly weds, all hands and intimacy.

That didn't stop myself from glancing at his lips for a brief moment.

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sun 15 Apr - 21:55

Jonah:

“Perhaps something to eat?” I suggested. There was a restaurant near the dock. I had a meeting with someone who would be working in the kitchen. If I didn’t go with Kira, then I would have to leaver her alone at the hotel and meet him on my own. Going there with her would be easier and draw less suspicion. It was a simple matter to go to the bathroom and slip into the kitchen while I was at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sun 15 Apr - 22:00

"Sounds good." I wasn't particularly hungry, but I couldn't exactly refuse. Since getting drugged I had little desire to eat something from someone I didn't trust, or didn't watch being made. The last thing I wanted was another fiasco and mistake.

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Mon 16 Apr - 22:03

Jonah:

On our way to the hotel, I pointed out a restaurant for us to eat at. It was the one I needed to go to, but I did it nonchalantly so as not to draw her suspicion. If she said no, I would move on without protest. She was in charge, and it would stay that way until I needed to make my move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Wed 18 Apr - 17:23

I looked over the restaurant, taking in the bustle of bodies that were just leaving and the smaller collection going in. It seemed a popular place. "Sure, that one looks good." I agreed after another moment to consider. After he opened the door and we stepped inside I drew in a deep breath of the food that permeated the air.

"Do you know enough of the language to get by?" I asked him softly as we were sat at a table with provided menus. I took a glance over the menu and didn't see anything that made sense to my eyes.

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Thu 19 Apr - 17:32

Jonah:

I glanced up at her from my menu. “I know some, yes,” I said. If I had been prepped farther in advance I would have been able to understand more. As it was I could read simple texts and signs, I could ask questions, and I could understand simple answers. If I needed to hold a more in-depth conversation I was confident that I would be able to get the gist of it.

I murmured the menu items to her, skipping over things I knew she wouldn’t like. When the waiter came by I ordered for both of us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Thu 19 Apr - 17:43

I listened to his explanations with small nods. Traveling with Jonah did have it's perks. If he didn't outright know a language he knew enough to get by in some capacity. I wasn't particularly hungry, and the idea of eating something I couldn't trust didn't entirely appeal to me but I needed to blend in. I'd have to trust even if only a little.

"Is there any language you don't know anything about yet?" I asked him after the waiter walked away with our order.

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Mon 23 Apr - 21:45

Jonah:

“Most of them. I only know the most common. I know bits and pieces, or phrases from all the major languages, but even I could not learn them all. I would have to devote all of my studies to it. But if I have a week I could learn enough to hold a conversation in any given language,” I said quietly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Tue 24 Apr - 17:52

I nodded at his answer. I knew enough to get by in a handful of languages but only spoke fluently in two. His brain was to be envied. He could have been anything he set his mind too, and made that field flourish because of it. It was almost a shame he was picked up by the school.

“I’m envious. Languages aren’t something I pick up easily.” Lacing my fingers together and setting my elbows on the table I made a little platform with my fingers to set my chin upon.

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Wed 25 Apr - 20:26

Jonah:

We talked quietly until dinner came. Midway through I excused myself to go to the restroom. I stepped into the kitchen and spoke to one of the chefs. A moment later a man came up and handed me a paper bag. I went to the restroom and tucked it away in my jacket before returning to Kira.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Wed 25 Apr - 21:56

Kira:

I ate idly from my food, having to force the first few bites as past experience played through my mind. But when it seemed safe enough I rather enjoyed it. Even his rather long trip to the bathroom wasn't minded as I settled into the atmosphere of the restaurant and people. I glanced up from my meal when he finally returned. "You took a while."

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Fri 27 Apr - 16:54

Jonah:

“There was a line,” I said with a shrug. I sat down to finish my food, changing the topic to something else. We paid shortly after and from there we made our way to the hotel. It was a one bed room. It was the equivalent of a queen-sized bed but it was closer to a full. “Cozy,” I muttered, setting my bag down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Fri 27 Apr - 17:14

With Marie I was used to staying in the fanciest of hotels when I went out. This one wasn’t the best on the island, but it certainly wasn’t close to being bad. The view drew me first, my bags tossed on the bed while I went over. Sighing through my nose I turned to regard the sleeping situation.

“It could be worse. This will fit us both at least.” I wasn’t pleased with the situation. I’d shared a bed with Kyra and learned that I was a cuddler in my sleep. The last thing o wanted was for him to make fun of me for such things...and I didn’t know if I was comfortable with being that close with him yet.

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sat 28 Apr - 11:28

Jonah:

I watched her. It was clear she didn’t like the situation, but she wouldn’t complain. I was not opposed to sharing a bed with her, though I would have preferred it under different circumstances. Not because we had to. “I am going to take a shower,” said. I still had the paper back tucked in my jacket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sat 28 Apr - 11:34

"Alright. I'll take one after you." I went to my bags, picking them up and bringing them over to the closet. Setting my bags down inside I crouched down and began pawing through them, pulling out something to change into for tonight. I'd have done a tanktop and shorts for the heat and comfort, but I went for a bigger t-shirt instead.

With the outfit tucked under my arm I returned to the window, pulling up a seat beside it. I took in the view but my mind wandered between the mission and Jonah. A little doubt was creeping into my head. This had been too easy for him. He was getting what he wanted, and I knew that he'd do something during the mission to come ahead of Marie. So long as Marie got what she wanted I didn't care, but that still left a nagging doubt in the back of my mind.

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sat 28 Apr - 14:55

Jonah:

I turned the water on and let it run for a few minutes while I inspected the contents of the bag. Satisfied, I tucked it into the bundle of dirty clothes. I didn’t linger in the shower. I stepped out of the bathroom wearing a white t-shirt and grey pants. “Your turn,” I said to her. I put my dirty clothes in a bag and packed it into my suitcase.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sat 28 Apr - 18:01

Getting up with a lazy stretch I passed him on the way. He'd been quick enough that my thoughts were still elsewhere when I stepped into the bathroom. Much like he hadn't I didn't linger though my shower was longer than his.

I dressed in the bathroom, leaving my hair up in a towel when I stepped out. Much like he'd done, I tossed my clothes into a bag then tossed it into the closet. "Any last minute plans you think we need to discuss?" I asked, settling down on the bed with my legs tucked up under me."

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sat 28 Apr - 23:50

Jonah:

I was laying on top of the covers on my back. I turned my face to her when she sat down. “Not now. I think we have a good plan for tomorrow. We can discuss details again in the morning if we need to,” I said. Tomorrow would go according to plan as far as I was concerned. I didn’t need to deviate until we went to get our mark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sun 29 Apr - 12:16

"That's fine." I closed my eyes a moment, rolling my neck to loosen a small kink before it had time to settle in. When I opened my eyes I flopped sideways onto my side of the bed. "Do we need to establish rules for the bed?"

Kayla Catch
Admin
Admin

Female

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sun 29 Apr - 21:16

Jonah:

“Do you think we need to establish rules?” I asked with a tired tone. “This isn’t exactly a romantic getaway.” I looked up at the ceiling, not bothering to look at her now that she was facing me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Macha
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
RPG Name:
Group:
Health:
21/21  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   Sun 29 Apr - 21:23

"I suppose not. But history tells me that I still should tell you to behave yourself." Pulling the towel off my hair I shook my head and then climbed under the covers. I laid with my back towards him, near the edge of the bed. "Good night Jonah."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfect School   

Back to top Go down

Perfect School
Page 43 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next